The problem for me is... there is a bunch of music out there that is simply not COoL! Sure, it might have a catchy beat... but the words are not great at all! Come on... you know what I am talking about, don’t YoU? Don’t make me give examples now!!!
Does it really matter what kind of music you listen to?
Elder Boyd K. Packer taught that inspiring music brings worthy thoughts.... so think of what the opposite of that statement might be.... Uninspiring music brings__________. I will let you finish that one!
Elder Packer shared some specific ideas about music.....
• You cannot afford to fill your mind with the unworthy music of our day. … Such music as that is not worthy of you.
• You are a son or a daughter of Almighty God. He has inspired a world full of wonderful things to learn and to do, uplifting music of many kinds that you may enjoy.
• Pay careful attention to the music you program for your activities.
• There is so much wonderful, uplifting music available that we can experience to our advantage. Our people ought to be surrounded by good music of all kinds.
• If you are blessed with musical talent, develop a wide range of good music.
Why not go through your [music] collection? Get rid of the worst of it. Keep just the best of it. Be selective in what you consume and what you produce. It becomes a part of you.
So GiRlFriEndS...why not take the music challenge... get rid of the junk and start collecting some CoOl good music instead!
Why not start with this....