CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
LDS girls, Do LDS Things, In LDS Ways... and this is exactly what makes an LDS girl, different from their peers. In a world, where most girls have no direction and no real reason for being "good" - LDS girls actually DO!


LDS girls who know who they are - make better choices.
So, I suppose you could apply the saying that "knowledge is power"? But even more important than a general statement like that... is knowing that the knowledge you embrace, just happens to be - the TRUTH.

LDS girls operate, and therefore make choices - that are anchored in eternal truths. Do LDS girls make mistakes? You bet they do! But after they hit themselves upside the head a bit for doing so - they will most always learn from those mistakes.

How can a girl know what is right, if no one ever offers her truth - by which to compare and analyze her choices, actions and the results that are caused by her use of agency? LDS girls are blessed to have been offered by loving parents, leaders and living prophets today - the TRUTH.

I honor these LDS girls from their teen years, and up to the time where they make the most important decisions of a young women today. Education, relationships and ultimately marriage and family. LDS young women are making good choices, based on their very personal experiences of utilizing the truth that they know, against that which the world would have them believe.

LDS girls know how to "Stand For Something" in a world that is fast becoming extremely wayward and lost to moral values.

So yes... LDS Girls Do LDS Things in LDS Ways, because they KNOW!

tDMg
LdsNana

Saturday, March 14, 2009

NO WAY To No God - Standing UP!


LDS Girls know all to well, that today, Standing Up for what you believe, among other things, could potentially cost you, your job! I was so impressed with this story, coming out of the UK - of a bus driver who refused to drive his bus, when he saw an Atheist ad, boldly displayed!

As members of the LDS Church, we are encouraged to Stand Up for what we believe - and we're pretty darn good at it. Among LDS Girls, we have a great support system for doing so... I'm not sure if this "Mr. Heather" has a team behind him, encouraging him to do the right thing, but I tend to doubt it. I think that's one of the reason I love this story, so much.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Hampshire | Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus: "A Christian bus driver has refused to drive a bus with an atheist slogan proclaiming 'There's probably no God'.

Ron Heather, from Southampton, Hampshire, responded with 'shock' and 'horror' at the message and walked out of his shift on Saturday in protest.

First Bus said it would do everything in its power to ensure Mr Heather does not have to drive the buses.

Buses across Britain started displaying atheist messages in an advertising campaign launched earlier this month.

Mr Heather told BBC Radio Solent: 'I was just about to board and there it was staring me in the face, my first reaction was shock horror.

'I felt that I could not drive that bus, I told my managers and they said they haven't got another one and I thought I better go home, so I did.
Ron Heather
Mr Heather said he was shocked at the 'starkness' of the advert

'I think it was the starkness of this advert which implied there was no God.'"

You can read the entire story HERE, and I hope that you do!


If you haven't had the chance to read President Hinckley's very popular book, "Standing For Something", I hope that you will. I highly recommend it!



tDMg
LdsNana

1 comment:

Ms. Petersen said...

It is your right to stand up for what you believe, including your Christianity.

It is also the atheists' right to stand up for what they believe, including a "boldlyy displayed" sign they have paid the space for.

The First Amendment'z right to free speech does not only apply to Christians.

It also applies to atheists, who can "boldly" put up a sign as big as Montana (if they can find one!).

BTW, I LOVE the colors in your site.

Elphaba

Elphaba