Sometimes we, as LDS Girls, are faced with all kinds of counsel and we simply do not understand the reason for it. It makes us simply ask, “Why?”
LDS authors John Hilton and Anthony Sweat will be releasing a new book on April 1st that is called “Powerful Answers and Practical Reasons for Living LDS Standards.”
These authors use quotes from Church leaders and real-life stories, giving the doctrinal “whys” to back up the standards that are found in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet. There are answers to over 100 questions, like:
• Why do some people who break the commandments appear happy?
• Why shouldn’t I just “try” alcohol, just so I can see what it tastes like?
• Why is wearing two pairs of earrings such a big deal? Or is it?
• Why is it wrong to steady date someone if we both have high standards?
• Why is 16 the magical age–is it all that different from 15?
• Why is pornography a big deal if it doesn’t hurt anybody?
• Why shouldn’t I wear flip-flops to Church?
• Why do some people who pay tithing still not have a lot of money?
• Why should I talk to the bishop about certain sins?
So if you have questions... find out the answers!