Dating has always been a really interesting conversation among single LDS girls of any age. In fact there is a whole section dedicated to dating in the For the Strength of Youth guidebook.
The counsels that are given by our LDS leaders include:
- Date those with high standards and in whose company you can maintain your standards.
- Both Young Men and Young Women are responsible to help each other maintain high standards and protect each other’s honor and virtue
- Honor the sanctity of the priesthood and of womanhood.
- Do not date until you are at least 16 years old.
- When you begin dating go in groups or double dates.
- Avoid going on frequent dates with the same person.
- Make sure your parents meet those you date.
- Invite your dates to activities with your family.
- Plan positive and inexpensive dating activities.
These dating guidelines are given for the protection of both LDS girls and LDS boys. By following this counsel you can have “safe” dating relationships.
Now for some fun...I found this really cool Blog written by a man named Dave Johnston. He has started a question and answer Blog about dating and relationship advice, called Dear Bro Jo. He has received some interesting questions about dating that he has answered and given some really KOOL advice. Now remember...it is just his opinion...but it is fun to see what he has to say.
What do you think about LDS girls and the dating counsel given in the For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet? Is there any part of the counsel you find challenging? Why?